Support our sponsor: Perrysburg Soccer Club
Tournament Rules and Regulations
Levis Commons Cup
Hosted by Perrysburg Soccer Club
This tournament is open to all properly registered players of all State Associations, US Club Soccer and USSF Affiliates. All games shall be played according to the rules and regulations established by FIFA Laws of the Game in effect January 1, 2008, as modified for youth play by USSF and US Youth Soccer with certain amendments as follows.
TEAM AND PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
1. Player must have been born on or after August 1st of the year of the division in which they are participating.
2. The team must provide a roster (stamped by the League Registrar) from the league in which it regularly plays, and US Youth Soccer Association player passes at the tournament registration on Friday, October 8, 2010.
3. Players may register to play on multiply teams, either as a guest player or a player officially rostered, as long as all the teams are playing in different age brackets and /or divisions.
1. A maximum of three (3) guest players may be added to the official roster for a maximum roster of 12, 14 or 18 players.
2. Guest players and the team they are playing for must be from the same USSF affiliate (i.e. US Youth Soccer Association teams cannot have a guest player from US Club Soccer).
TOURNAMENT GAME FORMAT AND MATCH SCHEDULES
1. All teams, U-10 through U-19 are guaranteed 3 games during the entire tournament.
2. All U8 & U-9 teams will be guaranteed 4 games. There will not be a championship game for the U-8 divisions; however, players will receive a participation award. There will be a champion awarded for the U9 division with a team trophy.
3. Game schedules will be provided following the registration deadline.
4. Age brackets and team placement are done by the Tournament Committee based on the information provided during registration to the tournament. The tournament will have as many as three (3) divisions. No team in a lower division will be placed in an upper division with out the teams’ approval via e-mail prior to the tournament. If any upper division qualified team misrepresents themselves as a lower division team, they will forfeit all games if discovered after the schedules are set.
5. Playing format and roster sizes are as follows:
Age Group Playing Format Maximum Roster Size
U8, U9, U10 6 v 6 12
U11, U12 8 v 8 14
U13, U14 11 v 11 18
TOURNAMENT CHECK IN
Check in will be Friday September 23, 2011 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Levis Commons, 6165 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH 43551, (419) 873- 0700 from 6:00 to 8:30 pm
Each team must provide:
1. Two (2) copies of the official team roster. The roster must be stamped by the League Registrar from the league in which the team regularly plays. The roster must be filled in with the players’ name and jersey number.
2. Official photo cards for all players and coaches. Cards must have US Youth Soccer Association or US Club approved stamp.
3. Medical release for each player signed by parent or legal guardian.
4. Travel permit if from outside Ohio North.
5. Weekend contact sheet including hotel information if from out of town.
** Teams can register by scanning their information and emailing it to email@example.com
RULES AND SAEFTY MEETING
At team registration, Coaches (or managers) will be notified of any changes to the Tournament Rules, First Aid and Emergency Procedures.
GAME CHECK IN
1. Thirty minutes prior to match time, the approved tournament roster, roster card and player passes must be submitted to the Field Marshal or the Referee who will check the roster and passes.
1. FIFA Laws of the game apply.
MATCH LENGTH AND BALL SIZE
Age Group Preliminary Match Final Match Ball Size U8, U9, U10 25 minute halves 25 minute halves 4 U11, U12 25 minute halves 30 minute halves 4 U13, U14 30 minute halves 35 minute halves 5
1. Ties in preliminary matches will stand.
2. Winner must be determined in all final matches. If a tie exists in the final match, the teams will play two (2) 5 minute overtime periods. If a tie exists after the overtime periods, penalty kick elimination will be held per FIFA rules.
3. The game clock will not stop for injury unless, at the discretion of the Referee, medical personnel or teams respective coach must remove the injured player from the field.
MINUMUM NUMBER OF PLAYERS
1. To constitute a game each team (U9 through U12) must have a minimum of five (5) registered players on the field at all times, one of whom is the goal keeper.
2. To constitute a game each team (U13 through U14) must have a minimum of seven (7) registered players on the field at all times, one of whom is the goal keeper.
1. Game ball will be round and made of leather or another FIFA approved material.
2. The home team will provide a game ball.
3. The Referee will make the final decision as to which ball to use.
1. The first team listed on the schedule is the home team.
2. In case of a uniform conflict, the home team will be responsible for changing to a different color. Each team must bring two jerseys of contrasting color.
3. No two uniforms on the same team may have the same number.
4. Uniform numbers must match numbers indicated on the tournament roster.
5. Players are to wear shin guards with socks pulled up over.
6. Players’ shirts are to be tucked into shorts.
7. No sweat pants or warm up pants are to worn under soccer shorts during the game play.
8. If the player has a cast, the cast must be covered in a protective wrap and approved by the Referee of that game.
9. There will be no jersey sharing permitted.
1. A team may substitute on their own throw in.
2. Either team may substitute after a goal, period or half time.
3. Either team may substitute on a goal kick.
4. Either team may substitute when the game is stopped for injury. Substitution will be one player for one player.
5. Substituted players may return to the game.
6. Players issued a yellow card must be substituted by another player.
SPECTATORS & COACHES / MANAGERS
1. Spectators are only permitted on one side of the field. During play, both teams will be benched on the same side of the field, split at the halfway line, opposite the spectators.
2. Only three (3) coaches on the team’s roster are allowed with the team. Coaches must remain in the marked area.
1. Players, coaches and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in the spirit of the law as well as the letter of the law.
2. Any player ejected from a game will be ineligible to participate in, at least, the next scheduled game. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to take additional disciplinary action if necessary.
3. A Referee, Field marshal or a Tournament Official can remove any coach or fan that is disturbing a match being played. If Coaches or fans refuse to leave, the game will be forfeited.
4. If a player receives a red card during the tournament, that player must sit out for their next scheduled game. A player may have to appear before the Tournament Committee to be reinstated. Receipt of a second offense may result ineligibility to finish the tournament.
5. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to contact the player’s own state association if additional disciplinary action is required.
6. Follow all City of Perrysburg and Perrysburg Township rules and laws while at the different sites.
1. Failure to complete a match, or a team leaving the field during play, will result in forfeiture.
2. Teams not having the minimum required players will result in a team forfeit.
3. Failure of a team to show up by game time will result in a forfeit.
4. No team that has forfeited a game will be declared a group winner.
5. The team winning by forfeit will be awarded the average number of goals they score in their other games, rounded down to the nearest integer. The forfeiting team’s score will be zero. This score will be the official score in case of goal differential is necessary
6. Tournament officials reserve the right to decide all matters concerning a forfeit.
1. Any player who is bleeding and /or has blood on any of the uniform will be sent off the field by the referee. A substitution can be made. Player sent off may return once the bleeding is stopped and or bandaged. The affected uniform must be changed or cleaned before player re-enters the game. A matching numbered or un-numbered uniform is acceptable.
Division standings or play-off positions will be determined as follows for U-10 through U14 ages (U-8 & U-9 teams receive only participation awards and scores are not recorded; a team trophy will be awarded to the U9 division champion):
1. Most points. Three (3) for win, one (1) for a tie, zero for a loss.
2. Winner of the match between the tied teams (not applicable if the tie involves more than tow teams).
3. Greater goal differential (four goal maximum per game, -4 minimum).
4. Fewest goals against.
5. Most goals scored (maximum of four per game).
6. Penalty kick elimination per FIFA rules.
1. All Referees must have current certification through the Federation and be able to produce a registration card.
2. Referees will wear the standard uniform and all three-man referee teams must match. Referees must have at least one different color shirt in case a team has the same color as the referee.
3. Responsible for seeing that game cards be filled out completely, score verified with the team coaches and marked with any disciplinary actions that took place during the game or any cancellation of play.
1. A Field Marshal will be used to help facilitate a timely schedule of games.
2. The Field Marshal will have a radio communication base to the tent in case of an injury or if medical attention is needed.
3. The Field Marshal will assist the referees with pre-game team check ins and with reporting scores.
MATCH AND SCORE REPORTING
1. All Referees will be handed an official game card before their scheduled match by the Field Marshal.
2. All Referees will be responsible for verifying the final score with the coaches and ensure that game situations are clearly marked on the card.
3. At the conclusion of all matches, a member of the coaching staff of each team must sign the game card in order to confirm the accuracy of the information on the game card, including the final score of the match before the referee returns the game card to either the main tent or the Field Marshal.
4. The tournament will have an official Score Keeper who will track the standings of all the teams.
In the event that play cannot be started or is stopped for some reason, such as severe weather, teams will take cover, but remain at the game site and proceed as follows:
1. If time allows, resume play and play to completion.
2. If the first half was completed, the match will be called complete and the score at the end of play will be final.
3. If the first half cannot be completed, the match will be a “4-4” tie and each team will be awarded one (1) point.
The Tournament Committee will coordinate stoppage of play. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to adjust game length, including cancellation of games if necessary.
PROTEST AND APPEALS
Protests must be presented in writing to the tournament site headquarters within 30 minutes of completion of the game. Referees judgments will not be a basis for protest. Coaches wishing to file a protest shall notify the referee of this intention as soon as possible, but no later then 5 minutes after the conclusion of the game in question. The protest Committees decision is final.
TOURNAMENT / DIVISION CANCELLATION-REUND POLICY
1. If the tournament or division is cancelled, each team affected may receive a refund of the registration fee.
2. There will be no refund for teams that drop out of the tournament after the registration deadline.
3. No refund will be made in the event of cancellation or shortening of any matches due to inclement weather or other conditions beyond the control of the Tournament Committee.
4. We reserve the right to combine age groups and divisions (with approval of teams) if necessary.
1. No air horns are permitted. The Tournament Committee will be using air horns in case of emergency or inclement weather conditions.
2. No Pets of any kind or size are permitted at the field complexes. This includes dogs, cats, birds, monkeys, etc. Pets are too unpredictable around large crowds and we decline to accept responsibility for the actions of your pets.
3. Anyone with a pet will be instructed to remove the pet from the field complex – No Exceptions.
4. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any tournament match venue.
5. Players, coaches and referees are not permitted to use any form of tobacco in the vicinity of any match field.
6. The tournament may take additional action against teams, players and coaches for serious acts of misconduct by their players, coaches and / or team supporters. This action may include removal of the team from the remainder of the tournament.
7. For all USSF teams, all reports of any disciplinary action will be sent to the teams State Association or National Association that registered the team.
SPECIAL U-8, U-9 & U-10 RULES
1. Any goalie punt or drop kick that crosses the center line on a fly will result in an indirect kick from the spot where the ball crossed the center line.
2. Goalie changes every half, total of two different goalies
3. Off-side: NONE
Perrysburg Levis Commons Cup
Content on this site is ©Copyright 1999-2011 Rivershark, Inc. except where noted. You may make printouts or transmit via email copies of the games, photos, etc. for personal use. No commercial use is authorized. The "floating ball dot-com" is a trademark of Rivershark, Inc., Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.